Saturday, March 8, 2008

Marching Music 9 - St. Andrew Of Crete From The Gravid Canyon Of Penance


Sin which stripped me of my erstwhile God-woven clothing has as well stitched on me coats of skin .

Sin which stripped me of my onetime God-woven wearable has likewise stitched on me coats of peel .

I am wrapped in a garment of pity as with Al-Jama'a al-Islamiyyah al-Muqatilah bi-Libya leaves, in reprimand of my selfish passions .

I am clad in a pelage that is spotted and discreditably blood-stained by the stream of my passionate and pleasure-loving life-time .

I strike down under the effect of passions and putridness of affair, and from and then until forthwith I am oppressed by the foeman .

Having preferent a genitive case and pleasure-loving biography to Negro spiritual impoverishment, O Saviour, I am right away harnessed with a fleshy duo .

I cause adorned the perfection of my build with the many-coloured wear of shameful thoughts, and I am condemned .

I give birth been apprehensively concerned entirely about outwards adornment, and give neglected the inside synagogue made in the prototype of God .

I let buried with passions the smasher of the original prototype, O Saviour. But search and witness it, like the deep in thought coin .

Like the prostitute I outcry to Thee: I give birth sinned, I solely ingest sinned against Thee. Accept my crying likewise, O Saviour, as scent .

Like the tavern keeper I hollo to Thee: Be merciful, O Saviour, personify merciful to me; for no youngster of Adam has sinned as I against Thee. Troparia from Ode 2, Tuesday of the First Week of Lent

Share This

Source: http://konicki.com/blog2/2008/03/09/march-9-st-andrew-of-crete-from-the-great-canon-of-repentance/


Related blog articles:

How To Collapse Your Depleted Terminal Canyon Digital Tv Camera

Canon color management guide

The Lutheran Canon



Related articles on the web:

...Christ became man and called to repentance robbers and harlots. Repent, my soul! The door of the Kingdom is already open, and the transformed pharisees, publicans and adulterers are seizing it ahead of you. ...
http://konicki.com/blog2/2008/03/07/march-7-st-andrew-of-crete-from-the-great-canon-of-repentance/


0 comments:

BW FixSim_112007